Autumn leaves crunching under your feet … a fragrant mug of cider or cocoa warming your hands … the family clustered around the cozy light of a roaring campfire. There’s something about camping in the fall that makes it just a little different from the rest of the year, and November can be a great time to enjoy the cool air and the gorgeous colors of the season. While some of our Camp-Resorts have closed for the season, many are still open and there’s still fun to be had. Just take a look.
- Veteran’s Day, Nov. 7-9 – Give thanks for our many Veterans as we salute them this weekend! All veterans receive 25% off their reservation with us. Present your ID card at check-in.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Tree Lighting, Nov. 27-30 – Spend Thanksgiving with Ranger Smith™ & Yogi Bear™ (if we can wake him up). Join us for our traditional Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday at noon. Campers bring the side dishes and tournaments! (3 night minimum stay)
- Ranger’s Birthday & Scout Weekend, Nov. 7-9 – Join us for outdoor fun and safety training. Celebrate Ranger Smith’s birthday with cake and ice cream. Call early for half-price cabins or campsites are $10 per person (scouts and youth groups only) for the entire weekend. DJ on Saturday night.
- Veteran’s Day Special, 50% off Weekend, Nov. 14-16 – Yogi Bear™ wants to say thank you to all the great men and women who have served in our armed forces. That’s why we’re inviting all veterans and current military to camp for FREE! Cabins will be half price. And so we all get a chance to recognize those who protect our freedom, camping for everyone else is 50% off. DJ Party and Specials.
- New Year’s Eve in November – Nov. 21-23 – We’re celebrating New Year’s Yogi Bear™ style! Come out and party with New Year’s Recreation Activities, crafts, and dance in the New Year with a DJ Saturday night. We’ll have hats, horns, streamers, and champagne (21 and older) to do it up right!
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Celebration/Anniversary Party Finale – Nov. 26-31 – We’ll have holiday activities Wednesday-Sunday, plus the Golf Cart Poker Run Grand Prix Invitiational. Join us for our 37th Annual Potluck Thanksgiving on Thursday. Santa pays a visit on Saturday night (parents, bring a gift with your child’s name, age, and site or cabin number.) Then help us put the bears into hibernation until March 2015!
- Camping Only, through November 16 – It’s a great time to rent a site or cabin and sit around the campfire with friends and family. The night air is crisp and the days are warm. Perfect time to camp.
- Final Weekend – Nov. 14-16 – Enjoy this final weekend before the snow falls and the gates lock. See you next season!
- Turkey Trot Week, Nov. 3-9 -Join us as we get ready for the Thanksgiving holiday, just a few weeks away! A “hey” ride followed by a s’mores roast compliments of Yogi Bear™ are two great ways to take in the refreshing autumn air. Trot through the nature trail in the morning and then unleash your creative talents and transform a pumpkin into a colorful turkey as part of the weekend activities!
- Hibernation Week, Nov. 10-16 – It’s that time of year again … time to tuck Yogi Bear™ and his pal Boo Boo™ in for a long winter’s nap. Join us as we enjoy milk and cookies and read a good night story to the bears by a roaring fire … boy, camping just doesn’t get a whole lot better! Be sure to join us and make your own “Hibernation Station” pillowcase to remember your stay here at Jellystone Park™!
Tabor City, NC
- Veteran’s Day Weekend, Nov. 7-9 – Family friendly movie, hey ride, crafts and worship service honoring our veterans.
- Sunshine 5K, Nov. 15
- Thanksgiving Celebration, Nov. 27-30 – Join us as we take time to be thankful for all we have. Yogi Bear™, Cindy Bear™ & Boo Boo™ will go into hibernation this weekend – help us put them to bed for the winter!
- Thanksgiving Celebration and USC/Clemson Football Game – Nov 27.-30 – Join us for our Thanksgiving potluck dinner – and don’t forget your team colors. We’ll watch the game on the big screen together.
- Gatlinburg, TN – Nov. 10-17 – It’s still Fall and it’s still beautiful! Come camp 4 nights, and get the 5th night FREE during this time!
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 27 – Come join us for our annual Thanksgiving Day Feast! Here at Great Smoky Jellystone Park™, we supply all the turkey, stuffing, rolls, and gravy you could ever eat! We also enjoy the many wonderful side dishes that our participating campers bring to the table! We will have activities during these Thanksgiving Day and through the weekend! Come and have a great time to relax and enjoy wonderful food! See you there!
- Thanksgiving Weekend, Nov. 28-30 – Join us for Thanksgiving crafts! Run off those turkey pounds with a game of hide and seek, flag football, and much more!
- Nov. 7-30 – The Dancing Lights of Christmas
- Veterans Appreciation Week, Nov. 9-16 – Campsites $50 per night and cabins are 3rd night free.
- Gobblin’ Good Times, Every weekend in November – Come hang out with Yogi Bear™ in “Novembear” and enjoy some Awesome Fall weather at North Texas Jellystone Park™. Enter the Fall Fling contest, or try out your artistic hand with one of our many craft items in the Craft Shack. Come to the big fire pit and enjoy some fireside s’mores. Or, a game of Turkey Trot candy bingo could satisfy your sweet tooth. Either way, you’re bound to have a “Gobblin’ Good Time” with Yogi Bear™ and Friends. Activities are going on Fridays through Sundays. Activities Department closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Decembear to Remembear, Nov. 28-30 – See website for details.
Canyon Lake, TX
- Veterans Day Special, Nov. 7 – 9 – A sincere thank you to all who have served. Please call 830-256-0088 to reserve our Veterans Day Special. Veterans and active military, pay for two nights, get one night back as camp credit for a future stay upon arrival with valid ID!Veterans, please bring a picture to share on our bulletin board. Thank you for your service! Hey rides, crafts, Scavenger Hunt Laser Tag, Rocket Launch, Family Movie, Night Laser Tag, Glowstick Hey Ride.
- Thanksgiving Week, November 26 – 30 – It’s our 8th annual Turkey Day! Come have some fun at our park-wide potluck. Yogi Bear™ provides the turkeys (21 last year) and everyone brings 2 sides. We’ll have great fun, give-aways, and door prizes. The rest of the weekend is filled with fun and activities, with Santa making his first appearance on Saturday. Start a new tradition! We are also collecting canned food for the local food bank and diapers for Options for Women New Braunfels.
- Veterans Day Weekend, Nov. 7-9 – Help us honor veterans this weekend with red, white and blue activities. Enjoy cookies for our veterans, wagon ride, Capture the Flag, Bonfire and Bedtime Story with Cindy Bear™, Family Movie, Military Scavenger Hunt and more.
- Hibernate the Bears, Nov. 14-16 – Family movie, Family Trivia, Jumping Pillow games, bonfire, storytelling and s’mores with Yogi Bear, ™ say goodbye to the bears.
- Renaissance Weekend, Nov. 21-23 – Family movie, crafts, Renaissance style costume contest for knights and fair maidens, Capture the Flag, bonfire and storytelling.
- Thanksgiving Weekend, Nov. 27-30 – We will be having a potluck dinner, we provide the turkey and we ask the campers to bring 2 sides or a side and a dessert! We have lots of games, crafts and other fun activities planned. Book earlier to avoid the waiting list!
- Thanksgiving Weekend – Nov. 27-30
Gloucester Point, VA
- Early Thanksgiving – Nov. 7-9 – Arts and crafts, Thanksgiving feast, Jumping Pillow games, family movies.
- Hibernation Celebration – Nov. 14-16 – Help put the bears to sleep for the winter with lots of games, crafts and movies.
- Pajama Party Weekend – Nov. 8 – There is a chill in the air here at Jellystone Park™ and it’s time to put Yogi Bear™, Boo Boo™, and Cindy Bear™ to bed. It’s been a busy and fun filled year, so now it’s time to relax with a bedtime story and snooze the winter days away. Help us say goodnight to the Bears for another winter!
Natural Bridge, VA
- Early Thanksgiving and Hibernation Weekend, Nov. 7-9 – Yogi Bear™, Boo Boo™, and Cindy Bear™ are thankful for a fun season, but it’s time for their long winter’s nap! Celebrate with us for our 12th annual Thanksgiving dinner. We’ll supply the turkey, gravy, stuffing, salad and rolls. We ask that our guests bring either a side dish or dessert to our Thanksgiving feast. Join us after dinner for our last Bingo of the 2014 season!