Bloomington - Lake Monroe IN
WAYS TO STAY
About this park
Situated near Lake Monroe in Bloomington, Indiana, you will be surrounded by beautiful scenery, an 18 hole championship golf course, and only 10-15 minutes from shopping, restaurants and Indiana University. The campground features full hook-up sites, well-equipped cabin rentals, resort style accommodations, a Water Zone splashground, family-friendly staff, and tons of planned activities. All these activities included with your stay: Yogi Bear’s Water Zone, jumping pillow, outdoor pool, kids pool with splash area, wagon rides, walking trails and scenic waterfall, playground, kiddie train rides, visits with YOGI BEAR™, BOO BOO™ and CINDY BEAR™, daily activities (in season) and theme weekends from May-October (some activities, like tie dye, have a small fee to cover supplies.) We also have gem mining and pedal carts for a fee.
Sites & Rentals
- Cabins - Deluxe Lodge with Loft - 2 bedroom cottage includes a master bedroom with a queen bed, a children's bedroom with bunk beds, loft area, full bath, kitchenette.
- Deluxe Lodge with Loft (low ceiling) - 2 bedroom cottage with queen bed bunk beds full bath 2 flat screen TVs with Direct TV deck propane grill & more!
- Hoosier Hideaway cabins with full bathrooms, full-size bunks a full-size bed separate loft microwave mini-fridge flat screen TV with Direct TV heat and air conditioning
- 88 large pull-thru or back-in full hookup W/E/S campsites
- primitive tent camping in our woods
- seasonal sites
- White Pine Cabins - these are a bit larger than the Hoosier Hideaway cabins. They feature: a separate bedroom, full bathroom, microwave, coffee maker, mini-fridge, air conditioning/heat, covered porch and flat screen TV with Direct TV
- 30' x 40' pavilion - available for rent - great for parties & events!
Cartoon Cafe: pizza, hand-dipped ice-cream, slushies, candy, chips, coffee and more!
Golf Cart Rentals
Indoor rec room for arts & crafts and activities.
Kiddie Pool - wading pool with a waterfall
Next to Lake Monroe - Indiana's largest man-made lake. Enjoy boating & fishing.
Outdoor Pool - (1200sf)
Pedal Carts - Two & Four Seat Options
Playground - with sandbox
Waterslide - (part of splashpark)
planned activities & theme weekends
- Indoor rec room for arts & crafts and activities.
- Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
- Comfort Station/Bathroom
- Pavilion - Great for birthday parties & events!
- General Store
- Laundry Room
- Dump station
- Snack Shop
- Golf Cart Rentals
- Pinnacle Club
- Excellence Award
- Outstanding Customer Service Award
- Outstanding Recreational Programming
Apr 27 to Oct 28
In Season: Mon-Thurs 8am-8pm, Fri 8am-10pm, Sat 8am-10pm, Sun 8am-8pm
Off Season: 9am-5pm Mon-Fri
- Dates: Peak Season & Holidays (May 21-Aug 12, Aug 31-Sept 3), Off Season (April 27-May 20, August 13-30, Sept 4-Sept 30), Halloween Weekends & Weekdays in October (October 1-31)
- Full hook-up sites (W/E/S): Peak Season Weekends & Holidays $73.95, Peak Season Weekdays $63.95, Off Season Weekends $48.95, Off Season Weekdays $37.95
- Tent: Peak Season Weekends & Holidays $46.95, Peak Season Weekdays $40.95, Off Season Weekends $37.95, Off Season Weekdays $33.95
- Cabins: Peak Season Weekends & Holidays (rates vary by cabin type) $136.95-$199.95, Peak Season Weekdays $120.95-$172.95, Off Season Weekends $104.95-$155.95, Off Season Weekdays $92.95-$137.95.
- Halloween: Full hook-up (W/E/S) $69.95 Weekend, $37.95 Weekday; Tent $42.95 Weekend, $33.95 Weekday; Cabins (rates vary by cabin type) $126.95-179.95 Weekend, $92.95-137.95 Weekday
- Cabin rates are based on 2 adults and 3 children. Additional guests are $12/adult (age 18+). Children 0-17 are free.
- Visitors Adults: $12, children $6
- Prices do not include taxes
- Minimum 2 night stay on weekends (Friday & Saturday), 3 night minimum on holidays
Discounts: 10% Military, Police, Firefighters and Senior Citizens, 15% group discount of 4 or more site/cabin reservations, Passport America: 50% off Sun-Thurs in Spring & Fall, Visit S'more Deals for specials
Age Restrictions: Must be 21 to rent a campsite or cabin.
Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed inside or outside of cabins. All Pets must be on a leash at all times and cleaned up after.
Discover what’s around this park
9396 S. Strain Ridge Rd
Bloomington, IN 47401
From Hwy 37, south of Bloomington - Take the Harrodsburg/Lake Monroe exit off of Hwy 37. Follow the signs for Lake Monroe Dam and Monroe Dam Road for approximately 0.6 miles, then turn left onto Strain Ridge Road. Follow Strain Ridge Road north for approximately 0.5 miles to the campground entrance on your left.
Lat: 39.0226 - Lng: -86.5217
Events at this park
- No Events This Month
- Apr 27 - Apr 29Opening Weekend: Wake up the Bears and Nature Education
- May 04 - May 06Fiesta Weekend
- May 11 - May 13Mother's Day: Once Upon a Time Weekend
- May 18 - May 20Jellystone Park 500 Race
- May 25 - May 28Memorial Day/Family Circus Weekend
- May 29 - Jun 03Cindy Bear Mardi Gras Birthday Week
- Jun 04 - Jun 10Talent Show Week
- Jun 11 - Jun 17Father's Day Superhero Week
- Jun 18 - Jun 24Retro Week & Color Run
- Jun 25 - Jul 01Reptile & Dinosaurs Week
- Jul 09 - Jul 15Boo Boo Wet & Wild Birthday Week
- Jul 16 - Jul 22Pirates & Mermaids Under the Sea Adventure
- Jul 23 - Jul 29Christmas in July Week
- Jul 30 - Aug 05Hawaiian Luau & Mr. Jellystone Park Week
- Aug 06 - Aug 12Yogi Bear Mad Scientist Birthday Week
- Aug 13 - Aug 19Chocolate Lovers Week
- Aug 20 - Aug 26Galactic Takeover Week
- Aug 27 - Sep 03Labor Day/Happy Camper Week
- Sep 07 - Sep 09Patriot's Weekend
- Sep 14 - Sep 16Ranger Smith Sports Birthday Weekend
- Sep 21 - Sep 23Down on the Farm/Scarecrow Weekend
- Sep 28 - Sep 30Pumpkin Patch Weekend
- Oct 05 - Oct 07Chills & Thrills I: Halloween at Jellystone Park
- Oct 12 - Oct 14Chills & Thrills II: Halloween at Jellystone Park
- Oct 19 - Oct 21Chills & Thrills III: Halloween at Jellystone Park
- Oct 26 - Oct 28Chills & Thrills IV: Halloween at Jellystone Park
S’more Deals for this park
Apr 27 - Oct 28, 2018
Stay 7 nights, pay for 5 1/2 nights. Stay 5 nights, pay for 4. Discounts subject to availability. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
The Bear's Bargain: Save 20%
Apr 27 - Oct 28, 2018
Pick three fun weekends from the list below and save 20%! You must book all three reservations at the same time. When calling to book, mention the Bear’s Bargain to receive your discount on all 3 reservations. April 27-29, May 4-6, May 11-13, May 18-20, June 1-3, June 8-10, June 15-17, June 22-24, August 3-5, August 10-12, August 17-19, August 24-26, September 14-16, September 21-23, September 28-30
Group Discount: Save 15%
Apr 27 - Oct 28, 2018
Book four or more campsites or cabins-get a 15% discount on the entire reservation. *Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Not available on Holiday weekends.
Passport America: 50% Off
Apr 27 - Oct 28, 2018
Passport America members get 50% off Sunday-Thursday in Spring & Fall. Dates: April 27-May 20, August 13-August 30, September 4-30