Type of Information We Collect
We collect information about visitors to our Sites in order to provide an experience that is responsive to our visitors’ needs. We may also collect Personal Information that you give to us in any other way, such as at a campground. We may collect Personal Information from you in connection with:
- fulfilling reservation or information requests,
- purchasing products, and/or
- responding to communications from us (e.g., surveys, promotional offers, or reservation confirmations).
We collect such information only with your knowledge. The types of Personal Information that we collect may include your name, home and work e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers, credit card information, date of birth, gender, and lifestyle information (i.e., preferences, leisure activities, names and ages of children) and other information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special accommodations). We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you (i.e., IP addresses, domains, browser type and version, and operating system) and aggregated data relative to your use of the Sites and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
Collection of Information
We collect information via our Sites that you voluntarily provide to us, for example, by completing online forms or e-mailing us. You will always be given the choice not to submit your Personal Information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. In addition, we use various web tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other technology that are sent to and stored on your hard drive. These tools will automatically collect and log web usage data from you when you visit our Sites. Information, including your IP address, referring website, pages viewed, and length of visit, informs us about how you use and navigate our Sites and helps us monitor, customize, and enhance your experience on the Sites. Such Site usage information is not Personal Information unless it is associated with other information by which you can be personally identified. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you have received a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. You have the option to reject our cookies and still use our Sites, but you may not be able to access or use some of the features we offer on our Sites.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We are fully committed to providing you with information about the collection and use of Personal Information furnished by, or collected from, visitors to our campgrounds or those using our Sites, products, and services. It is our practice not to ask you for Personal Information unless we need it or intend to use it. Some of the primary purposes for collecting your Personal Information are as follows:
- Providing services such as processing a transaction (e.g., making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order);
- Marketing and communications with you in relation to the products and services offered by the Jellystone Park franchise systems, and other trusted third parties;
- Providing contests and special offers to you for your voluntarily participation; and
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improving the effectiveness of our Sites, your camping experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities.
As a general practice, however, we do not sell, rent, or provide your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties. Unless specifically noted herein, other situations in which we may disclose your information to unaffiliated third parties shall be limited to:
- When we have received your consent to do so;
- In situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer or provide you products or services you desire;
- When a franchisee or other property leaves the Jellystone Park franchise system and access to your Personal Information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligations;
- In the event we or a Jellystone Park franchise property is merged or acquired by another owner/company; and
- In case of emergency (i.e., to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual).
In addition to the circumstances described above, we may disclose information:
- if required to comply with law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority, or
- in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights or properties of us or our franchisees;
- when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or
- when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
If your Personal Information is shared as mentioned above, we seek to limit the scope of information that is furnished to the extent necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by law, we require third parties to agree to protect your Personal Information, abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations, and we grant to such third parties no independent rights to the Personal Information. We may use aggregated, non-personally identifiable information for purposes of:
- website administration and
- to compile information about usage of our Sites and services. We may share aggregated information (which does not contain your Personal Information) with third parties (i.e., advertisers and marketing partners).
Access to and Review of Personal Information
To ensure that your Personal Information is accurate and up- to-date, we encourage you to regularly review and update your information as appropriate (e.g., in the event your home or e-mail address changes or you wish to add an additional method for us to communicate with you). You can review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we disclose or make any corrections to such information. If, upon review, you wish to deactivate your profile, or update your Personal Information, we will endeavor to do so in a timely manner. Occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on “back up” systems or within log files due to technical constraints or financial or legal requirements. Therefore, you should not always expect that all of your Personal Information will be completely expunged from our databases in response to your request.
Ability to Opt Out
You can let us know that you do not wish to receive information about new products and services and special offers from us, or that you do not wish to have us share your Personal Information with trusted third parties (other than to the extent necessary to fulfill your request for products or services), by contacting us at email@example.com or in the manner provided in every commercial email sent by us.
We recognize the importance of information security, and we are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security procedures. Our Sites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your Personal Information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. However, you should be aware that no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our Sites have separate privacy and data collection practices and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies, and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information.
Our Sites are not directed towards minors, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. While we do not seek to obtain, nor wish to receive, Personal Information directly from minors, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our Sites. If a minor provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed from our systems.
Leisure Systems, Inc.
502 TechneCenter Drive
Milford, OH 45150
Updates to the Privacy Statement
Last Updated: March 1, 2017