|If you are planning a trip to a campground with cabins this year, then we would like to offer some tips on how to make your family camping adventure even better. Cabin rentals are a great option for all types of families. Cabins are comfortable and convenient and many can still offer the rustic charm of camping. Interestingly enough, according to a recent survey, 63% of adults stayed with 150 miles of home, noting that most people stay relatively “close to home”! Even so, here’s a list of items you may need on your next camping adventure.
- Weather-Proof Clothing: Weather can be unpredictable, so be sure to prepare for the elements. Even if you are staying in a cabin rental, if you plan on hiking you could be caught in inclement weather. Remember, high-altitude and arid locations, can produce drops in temperature so pack plenty of warm layers even during the summer.
- Outdoor And Indoor Games: You will hopefully be able to spend as much time outside as possible, so bring along your family’s favorite outdoor activities. Many of our parks are equipped to satisfy the “fun” in all of us, but packing your child’s favorite outdoor play item is always a good thing to do. Don’t forget the indoor games as well such as playing cards so you can continue the fun even if it starts to rain.
- Cooking Supplies: Before you pack, look into what type of kitchen the cabin has. Most of our cabins list what items are available so explore their website before you depart. In addition, be sure to pack outdoor cooking supplies so you can prepare the S’mores over the fire.
- Bedding: While some cabins come with bedding, it is always a good idea to bring extra pillows and blankets. Sleeping bags are also a good option if the beds come bare. This way, you can stay toasty at night without having to deal with sheets and blankets. Again, communicate with the park before you leave.
- Flashlights And Headlamps: Flashlights are a must and make it even more fun for your children. Many camping vendors sell special lanterns for cabins, campers, and tents as well.
While you are packing for your trip, remember to consider your family’s specific needs. By packing the right items and planning out activities for your family, you can get the most out of your stay at one of our campgrounds with cabins.