Are you looking for a family campground that is a destination in its own right? Where the fun starts each morning with a “hey hey ride” and only ends when the kids go to bed at night? Than Yogi at Shangri-La in Milton, Pennsylvania may just be the spot for your next great family vacation. Once you check in you will not want to check out.
This campground has over 50 sites that overlook the peaceful Chillisquaque Creek, which wraps around the western side of the property. It also has camping cabins, deluxe cottages, tent sites, pull-thrus and back-ins that can accommodate everything from the smallest pop up camper to the biggest rig.
All of these sites and cabins were booked over Memorial Day weekend and every family was having fun. Correction. Super-duper-fun. Here are seven reasons why:
1. The playground rocked. The boys spent hours there. What did mom and dad do while they played? They relaxed with a cup of coffee and chatted with other parents at the picnic tables nearby.
2. The large common areas gave the kids room to spread out and enjoy the beauty of the campground—which was full but didn’t feel crowded. Want to play horseshoes? Check. Volleyball? Check. Basketball? Check. Play catch on a huge grassy field? Check. These options also let each age group gravitate towards appropriate activities. The little kids were happy. The big kids were happy. The teenagers were happy. This meant that the moms and dads were happy too.
3. Feel like wetting a line down at the fishing hole? Well, that’s a great option too. Just remind Yogi and the kids that it’s catch and release.
4. Want to cool off on a warm summer day? Go for it! The pool is large and clean and the snacks at the snack bar are tasty and affordable. There are also many places to sit and relax so grab a towel and stay awhile!
5. Rainy morning at the campground? No problem. Bring the kids to the indoor activity area for coloring and Yogi Bear cartoons.
6. Looking for a more adventurous way to beat the heat? Try the Wet-and-Wild Heyride. We smiled from beginning to end. Can you say highlight of the weekend? We can. Our kids had fun too!
7. Are your competitive juices flowing? Try the air hockey machine in the arcade. Our twin boys were locked in a dead heat after two games. For only a buck per game I gladly treated them to a best of three.
I often think that our children’s hyperkinetic energy and desire for nonstop adventure is irrepressible. But by the end of each day, thanks to Yogi and his crew, they were exhausted and ready for bed. Hey mom and dad, now that your little Boo Boos are in bed—why not start a campfire and pull out a good book? You’ve definitely earned it.