Bring the Family Together with a Family Camping Trip
There’s nothing quite like packing up the car, taking a scenic drive, and enjoying time away with your family. Camping is one summer vacation that families enjoy taking year after year. Recently, family camping trips have increased in popularity. With the rising costs of travel and lodging, more and more families are picking up the old traditions and taking family camping trips. With so many campgrounds across the US and Canada , it is easy to pack up the family and get away for the weekend.
Plan a Summer Vacation to Remember – Go Camping!
Family camping trips offer enjoyment that packaged vacations can’t compete with. Picturesque nature trails, fishing, swimming and canoeing – all these fun-filled experiences, and much more, can be enjoyed on a family camping excursion to Jellystone Park™. Our beautiful campgrounds offer you your choice of tent camping, RV camping or staying in one of our cottages or cabins. There’s so much to do at Jellystone Park, you can rest assured your family will never be bored. Take your family on an exciting camping adventure this summer!
Here’s a Quick Checklist of Things not to Forget on Your Summer Vacation
Here are some important things to remember (that many people forget) for a worry-free summer vacation spent family camping!
- Turn your hot water heater setting to “low” while you’re away.
- Provide family members and neighbors with a phone number where you can be reached.
- Make sure to pack some cold weather clothes even if your summer vacation is in July. Nights can sometimes turn chilly!
- Take some extra water bottles along.
- Take a pair of boots along for each person in case of rain or inclement weather.
- Take a battery operated transistor radio for weather reports and two-way walkie talkies are good to have also.
- If you’re planning on staying in one of our rustic cabins, don’t forget to bring your linens.
Remembering simple things like these will help to make your family camping trip much more enjoyable. And if you do forget something, each Jellystone Park has a camp store on property stocked with groceries and supplies. So plan now to take your family on a Jellystone Park summer vacation.