Kids of all ages love Halloween – and our parks are famous for creating the spookiest, most scare-iffic Halloween celebrations of all. Many campgrounds offer several weekends of chills and thrills, with at least one reserved for little ones who prefer their Halloween light on the fright. Whether your crew is up for a haunted hayride or a super scary stroll through the forest; magic pumpkin patches or trick-or-treat; costume parades or contests; or a frightfully fun Monster Mash party, our parks are ready to celebrate. But a word to the wise – Halloween festivities book quickly, so make your plans now!
Sep 26-28, Oct 3-5, Oct 10-12, Oct 17-19, Oct 24-26, Oct 31-Nov 2
Halloween Weekends – Trick or treating, costume contests, and more. Visit the Colorado pumpkin patch while you’re here!
- Oct. 10-12 – Pumpkin Patch Weekend – Pumpkin toss, pumpkin dash, pumpkin decorating, pumpkin patch hayride and DJ dance.
- Oct. 17-19 – Halloween Weekend – Bring your costumes, trick or treat candy, site-decorating goodies, decorate pumpkins, pumpkin judging, mummy decorating contest.
- Oct. 24-26 – Halloween Weekend – Campfires, trick or treat with Yogi Bear™ and Boo Boo™, silly movies, Sandy Candy art, pumpkin decorating, costume judging, hayrides and a marshmallow roast.
- Oct. 31-Nov. 2- Hibernating with Yogi Bear™ – Join us for trick or treating on Halloween and help wear out Yogi Bear™ for hibernation with lots of fun activities.
- Sept. 26-28 – Little Goblins – Non-scary weekend for the little ones! Visit the pumpkin patch where registered children 12 and under will receive a free pumpkin. Participate in pumpkin decorating, treats in the haystack, a costume parade, and trick or treating with Yogi Bear™ and a Saturday night dance.
- Oct. 3-5 – Great Pumpkin – Ride the Pumpkin Express to the pumpkin patch where kids 12 and under receive a free pumpkin. Do pumpkin decorating, a costume parade, and enjoy trick or treating.
- Oct. 10-12 – Ghosts & Goblins (The Legend of
Clayton Dillon) – After the Legend is told will you still want to walk around the campground? Will you go to the haunted R.V.? Join in trick or treating at the campsites, a costume parade, arts and crafts, and games.
- Oct. 17-19 – Headless Horseman – The Headless Horseman rides again at Jellystone Park™. There will be trick or treating at the campsites, costume parade, and other creepy things to try.
- Oct. 24-26 – Scarecrows & Spooks – This is the biggest, scariest weekend of all! Wagon rides, trick or treating, arts and crafts, a costume dance, and more. Ask to join in a scary scene for the haunted trail. Decorate your campsite to win a voucher towards camping.
Oct 10-12 – Scary Halloween
Costume contests for kids and adults, trick-or-treating, sitedecorating contest, haunted hayride and Halloween party. Lots of games and crafts too!
Oct. 3-5, Oct. 10-12, Oct. 17-19, Oct. 24-26, Oct. 31-Nov. 2
Fall Festival Weekends and Boo Boo™ Boo! Weekends
Magic Pumpkin Patch, camper-treating, our non-scary costume contests, treat bag and pumpkin decorating, mini-carnival and best decorated site contest. Enjoy this “beary” special weekend with the family!
Check out our state-by-state list of Halloween happenings here