You read right: that Smarter-Than-The-Average bear has arrived in video game format, set to take your family on an adventure through Jellystone Park™ without ever leaving the house.
“Yogi Bear™: The Video Game” is now available for Nintendo Wii ($39.95) and Nintendo DS ($29.95). In both versions, Jellystone Park is in danger of shutting down. On Wii, players act as Yogi Bear while belly sliding, zip-lining and sneaking through majestic levels to save the day! You’ll explore four unique, massive areas within Jellystone Park; use Yogi’s flying glider; sneak past campers to collect merit badges and ‘pic-a-nic’ baskets; and use the Wii motion controls to shake the bushes and uncover hidden pick-ups, all on the way to keep the park open.
On the Nintendo DS, players again act as Yogi Bear while they explore Jellystone Park and create crazy gadgets to save the day. They’ll explore a variety of areas straight from the film; build gadgets like Slidey Skates, Propeller Hat, Spring Shoes and more; play as Boo Boo Bear™ in a special minigame to unlock photo stills from the movie; and avoid campers, dogs, skunks, squirrels and other obstacles to keep land developers from shutting down Jellystone!
You can find “Yogi Bear: The Video Game” at Gamestop, Toys R Us, Target, and Amazon.com. It’s the perfect way to help keep kids from going stir-crazy during those long snow days this winter!
With all the attention given to Yogi on the big screen this coming winter, don’t forget about Yogi on the screen of your living room TV, or even the smaller screen of your Nintendo DS. A video game based on the upcoming live action film is set to hit shelves early this December, just in time for the holiday season.
Key Features of the Game Include:
- Play as Yogi Bear – Put on the hat and tie of the lovable Yogi Bear (voiced by Dan Akroyd, who also stars as Yogi in the movie) in the pursuit to save Jellystone Park from shutting down forever!
- A Quest Through Jellystone Park – Discover and interact with an assortment of wild animals in their natural habitat in multiple Jellystone Park locales including Lookout Mountain, Wilderness Trail, Jellystone Lake, and Eagle Mountain.
- Partake in Yogi’s Misguided Adventures – Yogi gets easily distracted in his adventures to save the park and players must avoid getting caught or they’ll find themselves in a world of trouble with campers and Ranger Smith.
- Sneak Your Way Toward Rewarding Treats – As Yogi, avoid detection by Ranger Smith and campers while collecting pick-ups or grabbing a couple of pic-a-nic baskets.
- Unique 2 ½-D Graphics and Platform Action – Players will zip-line, belly slide, and sneak through majestic levels collecting a variety of fun and useful items as they explore Jellystone Park.
- Yogi Bear: The Video Game for Nintendo DS – Players will experience a unique storyline and platform adventure, and be able to collect items in a variety of levels that can be constructed to make gadgets through minigames utilizing the Touch Screen that give Yogi special abilities throughout the game.