Portage - Indiana Dunes IN
Located 30 miles SE of Chicago, this Indiana campground features campsite lot sales, cabin rentals, tent sites and RV camping. Stay at the campground and enjoy tennis courts, a fishing lake, sandy beach and much more. While your here, visit Deep River Water Park, the Washington Park Zoo or the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
Discover What's Around the Park
Sites & Rentals
- 4 Swimming Pool
- Basketball Court
- Canoe or Kayak Rentals
- Fishing - lake
- Gameroom - family
- Gem Mining - mining for gemstones
- Golf Cart Rentals
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Sandy Beach
- Tennis Court
- recreation program
- Portage is a membership park with limited sites open to the public.
- Limited October-May
- 940 Sites - with 125 sites available for nightly rental
- Full Hook Up W/E/S Sites
Location & Info
5300 Old Porter Rd.
Portage, IN 46368
GPS: Lat: 41.5937 - Lng: -87.2077
Phone & Maps
Located 30 miles SE of Chicago. Take I-94 to St Hwy 249, Exit 19, S 1 block to US 20, W 1 mile to Old Porter Rd, or take IN toll Rd to exit 23, then N 1 mile on Willow Crk Rd to US 20, W on US 20 for 1/4 mile to Old Porter Rd.
Jan 1 to Dec 31
This is a membership park, limited sites open to public.
In Season: 9am-9pm Daily
Off Season: 8am-4pm Daily
Events & Additional Info
- No Events This Month
- May 19 - May 21Staff Training Weekend & FREE Weekend Give-a-way
- May 26 - May 29Memorial Weekend "Wake up the Bears"
- Jun 02 - Jun 0420% off Camper Appreciation/Hero Weekend
- Jun 09 - Jun 11Cinco De Mayo Weekend
- Jun 16 - Jun 18Rhythm & Blues Weekend
- Jun 23 - Jun 25Parents Weekend
- Jun 30 - Jul 04Independence Day Weekend (3 night min), get the 4th night FREE!!
- Jul 07 - Jul 09Hoe Down/Yogi and the Bandits Weekend
- Jul 14 - Jul 16Doo Wop Weekend
- Jul 21 - Jul 23Chocolate Lovers Weekend
- Jul 28 - Jul 30Christmas in July
- Aug 04 - Aug 06Yogi Bear's Birthday Celebration
- Aug 11 - Aug 13Boo Boo's Halloween Weekend
- Aug 18 - Aug 2040th Anniversary Weekend
- Sep 01 - Sep 04Labor Day Weekend "Put the Bears to Bed"
- Sep 08 - Sep 1040th Fall weekend, 40% off all Camp Sites!!
- LP gas
- General Store - & gift shop
- 5 Laundry Room
- Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi)
- EXCELLENCE AWARD
- PINNACLE CLUB
Park Rates & S'more Deals
- <b>All rates based on family of 5</b>
- Camping, full hook up: Sunday - Thursday $47, Friday & Saturday $55, Holidays (3 night minimum) $61
- Weekly $300
- Tent,W/E: Sun-Thurs. $34, Weekends $41, Holidays (3 night minimum) $48
- Weekly $217
- Tent rates based on 1 tent per site, 1 Extra tent allowed per site $20 per night.
- Regular Rental cabins: Sun-Thurs $71, Friday & Saturday $96, Holidays (3 night minimum) $106 Weekly $471
- Deluxe Rental cabins: Sun-Thurs $96, Friday & Saturday $116, Holidays (3 night minimum) $126, Weekly $560
- Extra adult $7, extra child $5 per night
- Day visitor $7 adult, $5 child per day
- Seasonal full hookup: monthly $580, 3 month $1450, entire season $2220
- Camping fees subject to IN state tax
- Good Sam RV Club, Senior citizen, Military, 10% discount
Discounts: 10% Senior Citizen or Good Sam discounts. Military 10% discount.
Age Restrictions: Must be 21 to make a reservation.
Pet Policy: Leashed pets welcome. No pets in cabins.
40% off Staff Training Weekend
May 19 - May 21, 2017
Let’s help our new 2017 staff get ready for the season. In honor of 2017 being our 40th Anniversary, we are offering 40% off on all camp sites and cabins. Come on out and enjoy our new movie night in our playground area where you may drive a golf cart to, bring a lawn chair or just a blanket to sit on. We will also have wagon rides, arts & crafts and more. We are offering 40% off your site rental or Cabin this weekend if you stay a minimum of two (2) nights with discounts in all departments including 40% off on all Golf Cart rental this weekend. Mini Golf special, pay 1 get 1 FREE, 20% off Yogi Bear souvenirs with a minimum $20 purchase. Each camping family that stays with us for the weekend will be entered in a drawing to win a FREE weeken
20% off Camper Appreciation weekend
Jun 02 - Jun 04, 2017
To honor all our hero’s, you will receive 20% off your weekend rental, including cabins. Movie Night Friday in our playground area. Our kids are so important for us here at Jellystone Park that we again will be having our awesome Portage Fire and Police Departments coming out to see the kids on Saturday. They will have a fire truck, ambulance and police car on hand as well as fingerprinting for the kids and maybe a special visit from one of our K-9 officers. Again this year we will have split the pot, connecting number games on Saturday evening, the more $$ the bigger the pot and our Golf Cart drive in Movie night in our playground. We will be having our annual Hog Roast on Saturday afternoon. Everyone is invited, if you would like to bring a dish to share you may. There will be food specials at our Picnic Basket all weekend and 20% off any souvenir purchase of $20 or more in the Ranger Station. Wagon Rides, Arts & Crafts, Yogi Bear on the Loose and fun for the whole family. Golf Cart Races on Sunday afternoon.
4th of July Weekend, one night free
Jun 30 - Jul 04, 2017
Stay for four nights, pay for three!! Three night minimum required. Help us celebrate our Country’s Independence, we have lots planned, stay an extra night on us! Our Firework Display from Mad Bomber will kick off the weekend on FRIDAY at dusk over our lake along with a DJ from 8pm to 11 pm. There will be a car show Saturday afternoon. Entry fee and cash prizes to the top 3 cars. Proceeds will benefit the bicycle safety event later this summer. Sheryl Youngblood and “The Say Yes” Band will entertain us on Saturday night. Then on Sunday evening we will continue our independence party with Dave Thomas “Memories of the King” an “Elvis” Tribute Artist will be our entertainment. Monday night will be movie night in our playground. Site decorating, crafts, games, Jr. Ranger program, wagon rides and plenty for the whole family. Don’t forget to join us for Breakfast on Sunday morning and check out time is 6pm on Monday.