Title: Reservations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non Exempt (choose for your particular position)
Reports To: General Manager
Essential Job Duties: (these duties include, but are not limited to):
1. Prepare a projected income and expense budget for the entire year, including but not limited to supplies needed for staffing needs, office supplies etc
2. Interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating reservation team members
3. Evaluating reservation and check in process and suggest changes Must be available weekends and evenings
4. Attendance at weekly team meetings.
5. Supervising ___ team members. Supervising duties including but not limited to: scheduling, teaching skills needed to take reservations/operate computer system, providing on going guest services training, evaluating performance, offering corrective teaching (re-training) when needed.
a. When scheduling include all “working hours” for the Reservations Department making sure they are staffed adequately. When a shortfall occurs; the Reservations Manager is expected to fill the gaps in to create a seamless schedule.
b. Supervise the company’s reservationists to ensure that they are appropriately trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
6. Develop and implement a customer service strategy which provides total customer satisfaction and meets corporate objectives.
7. Respond to all incoming telephone calls, ensuring that these are answered promptly Respond to all incoming email requests
8. Provide guests with a welcome packet including but not limited to map of facility, schedule of upcoming activities, emergency contact information, park policy and rules
9. Respond to any customer complaints to ensure that these are dealt with speedily and effectively
10. Provide feedback to any relevant company departments about complaints and problems to try to ensure that these do not arise in the future.
11. Take all necessary security precautions to ensure that cash and credit cards are held in a safe and secure manner.
12. Maintain accurate financial records of cash collected, carrying out regular balances of transactions and resolving any discrepancies. maintain the office filing systems
13. Operate standard office equipment such as word processor, photocopier, postage meter etc.
Other Job Functions:
1. Develop and implement an express check in system so that our guests do not have to leave their cars/camping units to check in.
2. Attend educational opportunities as directed
3. Represent resort at trade shows
4. Assist in annual brochure preparation
5. Assist in marketing efforts by securing personal contact information including but not limited to guest email addresses
6. Prepare monthly statement for extended stay campers including site fees, electric fees, maintenance fees etc.
1. High School Diploma required, Bachelor degree preferred.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues
3. Specific training and /or experience in supervising and mentoring
4. Current certifications in First Aid/CPR and AED or willingness to obtain upon hire
5. Personable, enjoy working with children/people
6. Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
7. Possess exceptional guest relations skills Weekend hours are required
8. Some Bookkeeping knowledge
9. Computer/data entry knowledge
Employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and move up to 30 pounds. Employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (hot and humid, rainy, extreme temperatures, airborne particles) during express check in periods. Constant use of hands and arms to input data into computer. Must be able to move boxes of files from one location to another and must be able to squat and stoop to retrieve low files. Must be able to converse directly and by phone.