Title: General Manager/ Park Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non Exempt (choose for your particular position)
Reports To: Owner/Regional Manager
To direct and control the resorts operations and to give strategic information and suggestions to the owners of the resort to ensure that the resort achieves its mission and objectives.
Essential Job Functions
1. Direct and control the work and resources of the resort and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well-motivated, trained and developed key personnel to ensure that it achieves its mission and objectives.
2. Plan and implement weekly team meetings.
3. Supervising ___ team members. Supervising duties including but not limited to: scheduling, teaching skills needed for positions, providing on going guest services training, evaluating performance, offering corrective teaching (re-training) when needed.
4. Review or create daily personnel work schedules prepared by key personnel for departments. Prepare a projected income and expense budget for the entire year, including but not limited to advertising, recreation, maintenance, payroll, utilities, campsites, rental units, housekeeping.
5. Monitor and control all budgets and cash to ensure that the resort meets all established financial targets.
6. Devise new programs and sources of income.
7. Prepare and/or see that all necessary daily park cash reports are completed.
8. Control petty cash and change “fund.”
9 Oversee and submit for payment Semi-Monthly Royalty Remittance Report and
any other required documentation.
10. Monitor the performance of all departments to ensure that they operate to a high standard and to identify any area of potential improvement.
11. Oversee the ordering and controls on all resale merchandise.
12. Maintain records on all capital equipment and resale merchandise.
13. Advertising - Prepare copy and initiate all orders for directory, local promotion, etc., as approved by owner or as budgeted.
14. Ascertain and direct promotion literature to any agencies that will accept camp-resort literature. Make available a professional booth, necessary literature, display and promotions when participating in an RV or other promotional shows.
15. Be able to recognize and react to conditions, both internal and external conditions that present a positive or negative image of the resort.
16. Develop and implement a customer service strategy which provides total customer satisfaction and meets the resorts missions and objectives.
17. Assist in formulating and monitoring the annual business plan to ensure the long term success and viability of the company and the attainment of our company objectives.
18. Maintain up-to-date knowledge about employment law as it relates to employee relations
19. Maintain an awareness of developments in the field of health and safety to ensure that the company continues to comply with the best practice and legal requirements, including any necessary licensing.
20. Develop any necessary policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors to the resort and provide advice on health and safety matters to the team managers.
21. Provide team managers and staff with necessary training to ensure that they comply with all health and safety requirements.
22. Keep up to date with developments in the fields of job evaluation, equal value and related employment law to ensure that the resort is in compliance.
23. Oversee the development and implementation of a planned maintenance program to ensure that assets and services are maintained to required standards and can operate without interruption.
24. Oversee the development of necessary systems and procedures to ensure the safety and security of the buildings and services.
25. Maintain the integrity of the system trademarks and copyrights Create and maintain the illusion that Yogi Bear and friends are “real” ensuring all guests have a positive and entertaining experience during their stay
26. Any other responsibilities as assigned by park owner.
Other Job Functions
Attend annual Symposium
Attend annual Spring Meeting
Attend annual CARE Meeting
Attend other educational sessions as directed.
Represent park at trade shows
Bachelors Degree preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of one year experience in management preferred.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues Specific training and /or experience in guest services
Current certifications in First Aid/CPR and AED or willingness to obtain upon hire Personable, enjoy working with children/people
Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
Possess exceptional guest relations skills
Weekend hours are required