Title: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non Exempt (choose for your particular position)
Reports To: General Manager
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the overall maintenance of this award winning Jellystone Park, including but not limited to the facilities, equipment and overall resort appearance.
Essential Job Duties: (these duties include, but are not limited to):
1. Prepare a projected income and expense budget for the entire year, including but not limited to capital expenditure requests, pool supplies, staffing needs, electrical parts, plumbing parts, outside contractor bids.
2. Inspect and maintain recreation facilities and equipment
3. Communicate and Coordinate with General Manager all staffing requests to include advertising for positions, interviewing and hiring needed staff.
4. Interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating maintenance team members.
5. Must be available weekends and evenings Attendance at weekly team meetings.
6. Supervising ___ team members. Supervising duties including but not limited to: scheduling, teaching skills needed to run equipment, providing on going guest services training, evaluating performance, offering corrective teaching (re-training) when needed. When scheduling include all “working hours” for the Maintenance Department making sure they are staffed adequately. When a shortfall occurs; the Maintenance Supervisor is expected to fill the gaps in to create a seamless schedule
7. Supervise staff to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and so that they carry out their responsibilities to the standards required.
8. Maintain a maintenance log for all equipment, facilities and rental units. Assist with the development of a planned maintenance program to ensure that sites and services continue operation without interruption and to the required standards.
9. Maintain contacts with local contractors to ensure prompt service when needed and so that they are kept aware of the company’s safety policies and procedures.
10. Maintain all park facilities and equipment in good repair so as to protect the owner’s capital investment. Develop/Implement a preventative maintenance program on all park equipment.
11. Maintain as complete a set of campground blue prints as possible and know all park electrical, plumbing and sewer systems.
12. Maintain proper storage area for all equipment and chemicals used for park maintenance according to appropriate OSHA standards.
13. Assist in the development of any necessary policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors to the resort and provide advice on health and safety matters to the resort manager.
14. Provide maintenance staff with necessary training to ensure that they comply with all health and safety requirements.
15. Provide technical advice and support to managers and staff on all matters relating to the repair and maintenance of facilities.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
2. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written venues
3. Specific training and /or experience in maintenance and supervision
4. Current certifications in First Aid/CPR and AED or willingness to obtain upon hire
5. OSHA safety training/certifications Good knowledge of building regulations, construction regulations, fire regulations, and health and safety regulations in general.
6. Experience in managing staff Personable, enjoy working with children/people
7. Possess excellent organization and project management skills, leadership skills as well as the ability to manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. Possess exceptional guest relations skills
9. Weekend hours are required
This position is an extremely physically active position. Employee is regularly required to stand, walk and run. Must be able to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. Employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions (hot and humid, rainy, extreme temperatures, airborne particles)