DESCRIPTION OF JELLYSTONE
In the camping industry Jellystone Parks are unique. They represent
a quality image of fun, friendly, and clean service-oriented parks.
The Jellystone Parks' operating concept is designed to include the
entire family, and all of our parks have complete recreation facilities
for fun and relaxation. In today's competitive conditions our Camp-Resorts
benefit from the instant recognition and credibility provided by
the Yogi Bear name. The Jellystone Park theme creates an immediate
welcoming identification for your park.
The Jellystone Camp-Resorts are generally rated among the best
in the industry. They are substantially above average in the terms
of size, investment in facilities and amenities. In general, to
meet Jellystone Park standards, each campground is required to have
a minimum number of campsites, first class restroom facilities,
a laundry facility, a retail store of 1,000 square feet or more,
swimming pool, a game room, children's playground, video theater
and a covered pavilion.
Each Jellystone Park is themed with Yogi Bear elements providing
instant recognition and consumer credibility. The themed facilities
include a Ranger station for registration, themed signage throughout
the park, a merchandise store offering Yogi Bear gifts and other
merchandise, an eight-foot Yogi Bear statue and Yogi character costumes.
Due to the demands of our franchise concept, not every campground
can become a Jellystone Park. Certain facilities and amenities are
required in order to become affiliated with our franchise network.
- Sites: A minimum of 125 sites (100 sites acceptable, if business
is primarily overnight) which are well-maintained with a 2% or
less grade, and contain the following type of site connections:
Water/Electric/Sewer 30 - 50% of total
Water/Electric 50 - 70% of total
- Store/Registration area: Preferred size - 1,000 sq. ft.
- Comfort Stations (1 complex per 125 sites)*:
Women's - 5 showers, 5 sinks, 5 toilets
Men's - 5 showers, 5 sinks, 3 toilets, 2 urinals
Unisex - 1 for every 16 sites
Hot water capacity of 125 gallons
* Particular state requirements prevail if they exceed our
- Dump Station: Unit equipped with tower and check valve or vacuum
- Pool: Suggested size - 20' x 50' - with pool furniture
- Game Room: Furnished with a minimum of six (6) pieces of commercial
- Pavilion: Suggested minimum size - 20' x 40'
- Theatre: Indoor or outdoor facility with projection or TV /VCR
- Playground Equipment: Three elements of commercial grade equipment
- Laundry (per 100 sites):
Dryers to meet washing capacity
Folding table with hanging rack
- Planned Activities Program: A program of daily activities and
special event weekends
- After Hours Registration: A procedure designed for handling
late night registrations
These amenities coupled with our package of pre-planned recreational
programs and special events are key to the success of our concept
and have set Jellystone Parks apart from the rest of the camping
With the new sophistication level brought into the hospitality
business by major corporations, the days of basic camping are coming
to an end. Today's campers are more demanding. They expect quality
service, and they are willing to pay for it. The Yogi Bear's Jellystone
Park concept of a high amenity, entertaining, quality camping experience
is.the choice for the new millennium.