As the kids head back to school and with fall sports and activities, it can be challenging to maintain the tighter bonds formed during the summer. Fortunately, September is still a wonderful month for camping – warm days are perfect for swimming, fishing and plenty of outdoor play, while cooler evenings offer a special opportunity for snuggling in front of the campfire and telling spooky stories over s’mores. Many of our Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resorts offer great deals on September camping. Read on for a sample.
Fall Classic Package: September 1- October 5: Park your trailer on site and enjoy 6 weeks of the best camping of the year for $650. ($1,100 Value)
Fremont/Barton Lake, IN
OFF SEASON RATES:
- Sept. 5-7: Bingo Bash Weekend (Pools, Splash Park & NEW Aqua Play Zone Still Open)
- Sept. 12-14: Apples Galore Weekend (Pools, Splash Park & NEW Aqua Play Zone Still Open)
Throughout September: Camp with us any weekend in September and receive 25% off a two-night stay. Call 1-800-437-0566 and mention the code #113 Yogi Bear™ September Special.
- Value Season Weekend Package – Water/Electric/Sewer for only $150 (Includes site rental and Resort Fee, 4 wristbands, 10 Yogi Bear™ bucks, and Golf Cart Rental). Also available for rentals starting at $188 plus tax.
- Double Value Season Package – $99 includes 2 consecutive weekends, onsite storage, 4 wristbands each weekend, 10 Yogi Bear™ bucks each weekend, Fire & Ice (1 wood bundle & 1 ice bag) each weekend. Add Golf Cart rentals to both weekends for only $100.
- SUPER September Package – $199 Includes ALL FOUR WEEKENDS IN SEPTEMBER, 4 wristbands each weekend, 10 Yogi Bear™ bucks each weekend, onsite storage, Fire & Ice each weekend. Add Golf Cart Rentals to ALL four weekends for only $199.
- Subject to site/rental availability. Does not include security deposit. Payment in full due at time of booking.
Pine Lakes/Pittsfield, IL
Sept. 17-19 – On Camper Appreciation Weekend, selected Yogi Bear™ merchandise is 50% off, $5 off per hour on golf cart rentals, 10% off second night of camping or lodging, food and drink specials, and more.
Lawrence/Kansas City, KS
- Sunday-Thursday – $99 for a Lodging cabin (not valid on holidays, weekends or with other deals.)
- Sunday-Thursday – $89 for a camping cottage (not valid on holidays, weekends or with other deals.)
- 10% off all RV and tent sites during the entire month of September.
Mammoth Cave, KY
- Sept. 5-7 – Grandparents, Yogi Bear™ & Me Weekend – 20% off cabins or campsites for grandparents who bring their grandchildren.
- Sept. 26-28 – Thanks Campers Weekend – Anyone who camped at Mammoth Cave Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort in 2014 receives 20% off their campsite this weekend.
Sept. 5-7 – Two families camp for the price of one, plus 2-for-1 prices on mini golf and boat rentals.
South Haven, MI
Camper Appreciation Program – Every time you stayed with us in 2014, you received a voucher by email for $25. This $25 voucher can be used towards camping for any of the following weekends in September:
- Sept. 5-7: Grandparent’s Weekend
- Sept. 12-14: Football Fan Weekend
- Sept. 19-21: Harvest Weekend
- Sept. 26-28: Halloween Spooktacular 1 Weekend
- Enjoy five days at our Branson park in your RV, our Ranger Smith™ Camper RV, a Cindy Bear™ Cottage, or a Boo Boo™ Bear Cabin and only pay for four days – get one day free!
- Stay even longer – Reserve any of the above for five days, and get TWO days free! That’s right – stay for a full week and pay for only five days!
- Sept. 5-28 – Camp & Store Package – Leave your rig on site and enjoy having a home away from home at Jellystone Park™! That’s four consecutive weekends of enjoying the end of Summer and start of Fall with Yogi Bear™. This package includes Dog Lovers Weekend, which is the last weekend for the Water Zone. It also includes Chili Cook-Off & Football Fan Weekend, which is the last weekend for Ranger Smith™ pool, Storybook Weekend and our Pumpkin Patch Weekend – all for one low rate!
- Extend the Fun – All campsite guests can add either a Thursday or Sunday night to a 2-night reservation (Fri. & Sat.) for only $25! Cabin renters – the 3rd night is 1/2 price! (Activities and amenities are Fri.-Sun. until check-out time only; limited amenities on all other weekdays.)
Available on the following weekends:
- Sept 4-7 Dog Lovers Weekend
- Sept 12-14 Chili Cook-off/Football Fan Weekend
- Sept 19-21 Storybook Weekend
- Sept 26-28 Pumpkin Patch Weekend
Tabor City, NC
- September 25-28: BBQ Cook-Off and Camper Appreciation Weekend. Camp with us for 2 nights and get the 3rd night free. Free night must be used on Thursday or Sunday night. We will be hosting a BBQ cook-off on Saturday. Categories will include pork, foul (chicken/turkey) & beef. The winner will receive a free weekend in 2015 to come back and defend their title as BBQ Champion.
Gloucester Point, VA
- Sept. 5-7 – For Camper Appreciation Weekend, enjoy 50% off campsites and 20% off rentals.
- September – November 15 – Spend two consecutive weekends and leave the camper hooked up onsite for a discounted rate.
Sioux Falls, SD
- Sept. 5-7 – Kids camp free with their grandparents on Grandparents’ Weekend.
- Sept. 19-21- Witching Weekend – camp two nights for $75 (two night minimum stay required.)
- Sept. 26-28 – Yogi Bear’s Pumpkin Patch Weekend – camp two nights for $75 (two night minimum stay required.)
Mill Run, PA
Sept. 1 – end of season – 50% off all campsites, 20% off all rentals, and 50% off golf cart rentals.
- Camp & Store Package – Leave your camper with us for the month of September and enjoy four weekends (September 5-28) of fun with Yogi Bear™ at one low rate! Our Camp & Store Fall Special includes 4 consecutive weekends of camping (Friday and Saturday nights) and leave your camper set up and plugged in on site between weekends. Save money on gas and only set up your site once! Enjoy fun themes including Hollywood Weekend, Cindy Bear’s Magical Birthday Weekend, Honor our Heroes Weekend, and our first Halloween Weekend of the season!
- Sept. 26-Nov. 2 – Extend the Fun – Add either Thursday or Sunday night to a 2 night weekend campsite reservation for only $25. Third night in a cabin is 1/2 price. Add Monday night only for Labor Day weekend. Discounts may not be combined.
- Sept. 19-21 – Honor our Heroes – Everybody has a hero. To some young ones, it is a lovely princess, or a super hero of comic fame. We have great fun planned for them. To others, it is our loyal Club Yogi™ Reward members, and to all of us, it is our Military, Fireman, Police, EMS and Correction Officers. This weekend honors all of them. We will give a 20% discount off of your campsite or cabin for this weekend when you tell us you are one of these heroes at the time of your reservation. A two-night reservation is required and valid ID must be presented at check-in. Club Yogi™ Members will enjoy a 20% discount on their stay this weekend only! It’s our way of saying Thank You for being our Hero! Our loyal, return guests, who grow up with us year after year, THANK YOU.
Canyon Lake, TX
- Camp & Tube Special – Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort and River Sports Tubes in Canyon Lake, TX are teaming up to offer FREE TUBING on the Guadalupe River to Jellystone Park™ campers who book new reservations for a stay at a campsite or cabin anytime in September (excluding September 1st)! Quantities are limited, so book today! Must call Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort to book reservation (877-964-3731) or book online and select ‘Camp and Tube’ as the referring source. 2 night minimum stay required. One tubing pass per person ages 5 yrs and older, passes will be issued at Jellystone Park™ upon check-in. Not to be combined with any other offers or specials. EXCLUDES Labor Day Weekend.
- Sept. 5-7 – Grandparents Weekend – Grandparents: Bring your grandkids for a fun weekend! You get to play lazer tag free if a grandkid is playing, and on Sunday, Grandparents eat free at pancake breakfast. Happy Grandparent’s Day! We hope to see you here!
- Sept. 19-21 – Homeschool Weekend: – We are offering a special low-key relaxing weekend for all home-schooling families: Stay 2 nights but pay for only one! Meet others who homeschool at our social and enjoy the park without the crowd! (There are no speakers but networking is encouraged.) Get your school year started off with a bang! Please call our reservations office to take advantage of this deal – 877-964-3731.
- Sept. 1-30 – Camp & Store Package: Save on Gas! Our September Camp & Store includes 4 consecutive weekends of camping (Friday and Saturday nights) and you can leave your camper set up and plugged in on site between weekends!
- Sept. 2-25 – September Campsite and Cabin Special: Book a new cabin or campsite reservation for at least two nights between the dates of September 2-25 and get a weeknight added to your stay for FREE! Please call (800) 420-6679 to book this special offer. *This deal excludes the Ranger’s Retreat and Three Bears Lodge. This deal also excludes existing reservations.
- Sept. 5-7 – Superhero Weekend/Cornhole Tournament – This weekend we salute our soldiers and emergency/medical workers by giving them an additional 25% discount on campsites (not valid for any cabin rentals). Offer must be mentioned during reservation to get discount.
- Weekends Sept. 5-21 – September Mini Fall Package: $220 site fee, per person: ages 0-2 FREE; ages 3-64 $16; gains 65 & up $8. Stay all three weekends for a discounted rate! Arrive on Fridays at 4 p.m., leave Sundays at 2 p.m. and leave your unit unplugged and unattended in between. Per person fee listed is for the duration of the stay and must be added to the package price for each person to get the total price. Taxes not included.
Fall and the start of school may be coming, but it’s far from the end of camping fun at Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resorts! Changing leaves and cooler temperatures are perfect for making autumn family memories around the campfire, and our parks have plenty of great times still in store. From football and apple picking to fall festivals and foliage, September and October offer opportunities galore to enjoy the changing seasons. Here’s just a preview to help you plan.
Sept. 19-21 – Fall Fest
We will have a scarecrow building contest, a pumpkin patch for the little ones, caramel apples to enjoy and some yummy hot
apple cider. Head down to the beach for a warm campfire and hotdog roast. Come and get your hugs from Yogi Bear™, Boo Boo™, and Cindy Bear™ as they get ready to go to bed for that long winter’s nap.
Ashland, NH (White Mountains Area)
Sept. 12-14 – Football & Chili Cookoff Weekend
Join us for a weekend of football activities, a cheering contest and much more! Enter our Chili Cook Off Contest Saturday Night with entertainment and bonfire.
Eastern Lake Ontario/Mexico, NY
Sept. 12-14 – Football/Chili Cookoff Weekend
Football themed crafts, activities and Chili Cookoff! Deck out your site with your favorite team color for prizes.
Sept. 26-28 – Cranfest Weekend
Join Yogi Bear™ for the 42nd Annual Warrens Cranberry Festival. Ride our shuttle buses to the Festival for free. We will have a DJ Dance and the Trail of Terror on Saturday evening.
Pittsfield/Pine Lakes, IL
Oct 17-19 – Pike County Fall Color Drive
Enjoy a weekend stay at our campground while touring the annual Pike County Fall Color Drive. The Drive is comprised of many small towns and villages, each offering a unique roster of events, activities, vendors, crafts, food and exhibits. It’s also time for
Yogi Bear™ to go to bed until next season.
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Sept. 5-6, Sept. 26-27 – Fall Festival
Come to Niagara Falls for our first fall festival! Help
Yogi Bear™ fill his picnic basket up with food from the fall harvest during the scavenger hunt! Then hop on board the wagon for our Fall Hayride.
Club Yogi™ Rewards members will earn Double Points with a stay at any Jellystone Park™ between September 2-30, 2014. You don’t need to do anything special to receive the bonus. Just be sure to give the park your Club Yogi™ Rewards number when making reservations. Then present your card at check-in and when purchasing anything in the Park store. The double points will post to your account a few days after the original eligible transaction posts.
So, make your reservation today at your favorite park!
Not a Club Yogi™ Rewards member? Visit our website to find out about our program!
An estimated 43 million Americans go camping each and every year, and ardent campers will venture at least 191 miles from their homes up to five times a year. The popularity of tent camping and family campgrounds raises a very important question: what’s to eat? Camping does not necessarily entail “roughing it.” Some grounds and camp sites offer all sorts of amenities for your convenience and comfort. If you have working hot water and other comforts of home, why spend the week eating cold beans from a can? There is a better; here’s how to do camping foods right.
What Is A Hobo Pie Maker?
A hobo pie maker, also called a camping press, is the perfect camping accessory. Most presses contain two sections, with room for a sandwich in each. Simply whip up your favorite sandwich, gently close the press, and hold it over the fire for a few minutes. Within no time at all, you can enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly, or even some nontraditional sandwiches, like pizza sandwiches.
“Cake Or Death?” (Hint: Choose Cake!)
“When setting up camp, I keep the children quiet with a cake or two. Some cakes travel better than others; ginger cake, lemon drizzle and brownies are tried and tested,” BBC recommends. Do a little bit of research to discover your favorite cakes that will hold up relatively well, and bring a cake along to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Consider A Little Country Fried Cooking
Skillets are incredibly campfire-friendly, and there are plenty of delicious Southern recipes you can easily and convenient prepare in a skillet over the fire. Cornbread, for example, is a popular choice. Use the boxed stuff (we won’t tell!), or mix up your own with salt, cornmeal, water, and grease or butter.
Are you enjoying camp sites and the great outdoors with friends, family, and/or loved ones? Do it right. Prepare meals that will leave your mouth watering, not longing for home.
If you want to give your family a unique, nature-based experience, Jellystone Park™ campgrounds offer a variety of activities that involve both learning and fun!
The Jellystone Park™ campground in Pittsfield Illinois hosted a bird banding demonstration the weekend of August 2, 2014. Campers learned about identifying birds and the process of banding, which is used for research and migration information. The event was led by Tony Rothering, who is a permitted Bander, and a member of local non-profit organization – Lincoln Land Association of Bird Banders. The Pittsfield Illinois campground, also known as Pine Lakes Jellystone Park, is planning a hummingbird exhibit in the spring.
If you are traveling west, the Jellystone Park™ campground in Larkspur, Colorado has a Ranch Camp during the summer that promises to “hand back your kids happy, dirty, tired, and of course, better educated about nature.” Ranch Campers get to feed and care for the park’s goats and horses, do ranch chores, practice archery and more.
In their quest to get kids to unplug, the Jellystone Park™ in Marion, North Carolina introduced the Passport Program that encourages kids to experience various nature-focused activities in order to win prizes. A 1.4 mile geocache hike along a river, scavenger hunts and gem mining in a natural creek further encourage family bonding and outdoor recreation. They also added a “Nuts for Nature” woodland trail featuring owl boxes, a ropes course, tree cookie walkways, log noodles, a butterfly patch and a nature building zone.
Many Jellystone Park™ campgrounds include nature walks as part of their activity programs. Campers learn about trees, birds, animals and principles of Leave No Trace – a Boulder, Colorado-based non-profit organization that develops educational programs to help children and adults take better care of the environment.
Check with your favorite location to see what nature activities they have planned.
More Americans — and, in these cases, especially daring ones — are relying on seasonal camping to get their thrills. True, family camping is a great option for Americans looking for a relatively inexpensive vacation, but it can be a breathtaking adventure as well. How are some daredevils taking camping to the next level?
Under The Sea
For ages, Americans have been fascinated about what lies in the depths of the sea — and now you can find out in person (and even spend the night and early morning doing it, too!). Guam campers literally sank their tents by cutting slits in the fabric and anchoring it to the bottom of the sea. Using scuba gear, they were able to set up camp hundreds of feet below the surface.
Are You Afraid Of Heights?
Some daredevils are literally taking camping to new heights — or, more specifically, camping out of the tops of mountains, peaks, and cliffs. “For years climbers have been using portaledges, a contraption made with an aluminum frame that is held up on the side of a cliff using pegs and carabiners,” The Weather Channel reports. One climber encourages others who want to try it, saying that — in most cases — you cannot even see the edge or cliff face while you are sleeping.
Can You Camp In The Rainforest?
You sure can. That is, if you’re willing to possibly brave malaria! The Weather Channel describes some of the challenges of tent camping in the Amazon Rainforest: “Camping in the rainforest comes with its own unique set of challenges, including a wet, hot climate, hordes of insects, and the threat of diseases like malaria.” If you are heading out to the rainforest to camp, bring some anti-malaria pills to stave off illness and biodegradable soaps to avoid littering.
Forty-three million Americans camped last year. Go camping — and explore your inner daredevil — at the same time with these extreme types of seasonal camping.